Three months into Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What you need to know.
- 1 2020 Changed Wealthy Affiliate
- 2 Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about the Platform
- 3 Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about Websites
- 4 Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about Classes, Research, Promote, Publish and Help
- 5 The Icons
- 6 Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about the Membership
- 7 Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about the Training
- 8 Next Steps
2020 Changed Wealthy Affiliate
Last year in the midst of Covid-19 a lot happened to the platform. 2020 changed Wealthy Affiliate. The interface changed. It was a bit of struggle initially to get my head around the newness and the way the functions now worked. Luckily things were bigger and easier to see so for the more focally-challenged. I was bit lost for a few weeks but eventually found my feet and was away again.
It is not a bad thing to have to relearn something. Having to rewire our brains in a new way to deal with new process creates a healthy resilience within us.
Thankfully the great stuff about Wealthy Affiliate didn’t change. The live chat function stayed in the same place on the right hand side of the page. The ability to set up our dashboard how we want it.
For me I love having the recent questions at the top of my page, followed by members blog posts. There’s always something there of interest, and a way of paying our experience forward by helping other members who may be new to the whole avenue of affiliate marketing.
On the home page everything became bigger. Text, images, comments, chat. And the menu being across the top at all times is definitely more user friendly if you want to change tack in the middle of a task. It’s interesting going through some of the older training videos and seeing how the platform was when they were made.
The icons at the top right of the screen have become bigger and again make task switching on the platform more user friendly.
Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about the Platform
Looking at the top menu from left to right – Clicking on the WA or Home will get you to your Dashboard. Find and click on the pin to the right of the Dashboard and you can select how you want your dashboard to look. Choose from stats, new blogs, questions or the Top 10 blogs. Some options give the opportunity to engage on the platform with other members through asking or answering the questions, reading and commenting on the blogs.
By engaging with members through blogs and questions you can increase your rank in WA. Liking comments and working through the training modules will also increase your ranking. As you grow in confidence using the platform you’ll be able to assist other newbies coming on board.
Stepping to the right on the menu you have access to the training elements of Wealthy Affiliate. As this is very comprehensive aspect of the platform we’ll examine it more closely in the next section.
Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about Websites
Moving right along we have Websites. In this tab we have:
- Site Manager – you can view the sites you own or through siterubix, and where they at in terms of development. You can login here to them as well as accessing the email for each respective site.
- Site Builder – self explanatory – get in there – click the appropriate button and follow the prompts. Any stumbling blocks, use the search function or ask a question.
- Site Domains – purchase a domain here or add a subdomain to an existing domain you have.
- Site Content – It is what I’m using to create this blog post and one of the best things about Wealthy Affiliate. Build all your content within the platform including images and then publish it to your website. Awesome.
- Site Comments – By the giving and receiving of comments on your’s and other’s websites you gain traction in SEO on Google and this increases traffic to your sites. For every 2 comments you give you can ask for a comment on a particular post or page.
- Site Feedback – By clicking on this again you can offer or receive feedback on a website. By offering to give feedback you can gain WA credits which can enable you to receive feedback or comments when you need them for a new page or post you’ve created.
- Site Support – If you’re stuck for an answer through the search function or something has gone wrong with the website you are building you can put a question to the site support team. They will reply promptly to any query.
Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about Classes, Research, Promote, Publish and Help
Next to Websites there is Classes.
In Classes, there are a whole array of trainings. If there is a diamond next to the training it is available to Premium members. A crown next to it means you’ll have to upgrade to Premium Plus. You can search for different categories of training down the right hand side of the page.
Following Classes to the right is Research. Clicking this takes you to the Jaaxy website – Wealthy Affiliates own keyword research tool. As a premium member you have complete access to Jaaxy Lite. There are also Pro and Enterprise packages.
Promote is next after Research. Promote is dedicated to providing Affiliate programs to promote through your websites if they can align with the niche you have chosen.
Publish takes you directly into the Site Content function.
Help – In the Help Centre you can access Site Support, Ask a Question (to the community) access the private messaging function, or talk to someone through Live Chat.
Search – Click on this and enter whatever it is on your mind about what you’re doing in Wealthy Affiliate. Select the option that seems the most relevant to you.
Live chat – Ask questions, or engage with the community
Pencil – This will open up more icons. They are quick actions enabling you to:
- Blog at WA,
- Create Training,
- Write an Article,
- Build a website, or
- Find a domain
Dollar Sign – Your personal access for tools to promote the Wealthy Affiliate opportunity.
Bell – Your notifications. You can personalize this setting up with different options.
Envelope – The inbox. Private messages and communications with Site Support will turn up in here.
Files – Allow to toggle between the Wealthy Affiliate Site and the Jaaxy Site
Your Picture – Accesses everything to do with your profile.
Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about the Membership
To excel in any field requires practice. Affiliate Marketing is no different. We can paint a picture of ourselves in our minds as successful affiliate marketers but until we start taking action that is all it will be – a picture. When we begin to take the plunge into what is required then we build real muscle for the business.
If we come into it raw we are firstly going to need some training. I have trained under other platforms and can say that Wealthy Affiliate offers the most comprehensive training I have seen. Below are the features of their training.
It helps to know that there are three different levels of membership at Wealthy Affiliate. The starter membership is free and gives you two free websites that you can build out yourself to get a feel for what is required in this affiliate marketing business. In the starter membership you also have access to the first module of the Online Entrepreneur Certification.
The premium membership unlocks access to all modules of both the Online Entrepreneur Certification and the Affiliate Bootcamp as well as 52 video trainings per as well as other training offered by other members on different aspects of webpage building, affiliate marketing, wordpress, dropshipping, social media and other aspects that are relevant to the business.
The next level membership is premium plus. Everything mentioned before in regard to training plus more training available only at that level. For members wanting to stretch themselves into Super Affiliate status.
Wealthy Affiliate in 2021 – What You Need To Know about the Training
Online Entrepreneur Certification
5 Levels – 10 Lessons per Module.
- Getting Started
- Building your own Traffic Producing Website
- Making Money
- Mastering Social Engagement
- Achieving Maximum Success through Content Creation
7 Phases – 10 Lessons per Module
- Getting your Business Rolling
- Content, Keywords & Conversions
- Giving your Site Social Value
- Get Visual, Get Aesthetic, Get a Brand through Media
- Knowing your Audiences and Catapulting your Referrals
- Bing, Yahoo and the Power of PPC
- How to Scale Successful PPC campaigns
My Training Activity
Whenever you access any training it will come up in at the top of your Training Activity. You can then scroll through those subsequent trainings if you haven’t finished with any of them.
Follow the prompt in the search field to find a specific training or scroll through to see the many offerings.
Choose from 13 different classrooms to access tutorials in those featured classrooms.
Earlier there was an invitation to launch off the Wealthy Affiliate platform and dive right in. There is no better way. You can dip your feet in to see if this is something you want to continue with. Start wading into to shallow end of the pool until you become more confident. Use your starter membership to get a feel for the opportunity that is available. If it feels right use the premium membership as a springboard for your successful affiliate marketing business.
All the best